An award?! Someone nominated me for an award?!
I am so flattered- not only that I have been nominated with my few amount of posts, but also that someone diligently reads and enjoys my blog! So, thank you ever so much, Natasja of Her Arrow Points North! Be sure to check her blog out- it’s California awesomeness.
The Versatile Blogger Award was put together to “Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”. My blog nominations below are just a couple of my favorites. I always look forward to reading their posts because of the great information they share, awesome pictures, life blunders, new products, as well as finding out the similarities we may have in common even though we come from completely different backgrounds.
Even though my “About Me” is quite detailed, here are some facts you may not know:
- Ek kan Afrikaans praat… maar ek het nog baie om te leer. ;)
Translation: “I can speak Afrikaans, but I still have a lot to learn.”
- I can make most Mexican food from scratch, but have yet to master the corn tortilla.
- I can watch the same movie over and over (unlike my husband who, if he’s seen it once, will never watch it again. Ever.). Some of my go-to favorites are: Any of the Harry Potter movies, Steel Magnolias (the original, mind you.), Notting Hill, Ever After, and McClintock!.
- I’m not allergic to anything, but under no circumstances will I eat a cucumber. I won’t even eat a salad that has had cucumber in it, but has been picked out. …but I love pickles.
- I get extreme anxiety with surgeries of any sort, and I have passed out while giving blood. Twice. …But I can skin a deer…. go figure.
- I have an older sister who is ten years older than me, a brother three years younger, and a sister five years younger. So I technically grew up as the oldest, with a tad bit of middle-child-syndrome.
- For reasons beyond my control, I went to THREE different High Schools during my Junior-Senior years. I loved my original High School- there were 22 students in my grade. I was active in Cheerleading, Track, Cross-Country, Tennis, Powerlifting, and Basketball. I played the Alto Saxophone from 6th grade until my Junior year, and was in Concert, Jazz, and Marching band- we went to state. I also competed in FFA competitions such as Livestock Judging, numerous speaking events, and went to state in Dairy Judging. In UIL I also did speaking and writing events. Moving High Schools ended a lot of that for me too soon and those are memories I will always cherish. In total from K-12, I went to 7 schools.
- I can Arc and TIG weld, use a cutting torch, build a fence, work livestock, change a tire, hook up and haul a trailer, re-load ammo, and operate almost any firearm handed to me. I competed in a big-bore dangerous game shoot here in South Africa, where I used our Heym 470NE.
- I ate seafood for the first time at the age of 18.
- My mom was a teacher on my campus most of my school years and even my High School principal at one point- thus reasoning for me being the ultimate goodie-two-shoes.
- I despise shopping for clothes and really don’t like girls group trips.
- New-age country music drives me completely bonkers. Turn on some Texas Country or King George instead. I will completely bust it out to the right hip-hop or rap.
- I really, really, really, do not think colorful, pointy-toe, crazy embroidered ‘cowboy/girl’ boots are cute. They are tacky. Period.
- I have a huge extended family on both sides; I know my great-aunts, great-uncles, and 3rd and 4th cousins, and speak to them regularly.
- I designed my own wedding dress– using a tablecloth from eBay…
- I LOVE babies and children. I used to babysit on a regular basis, and still have a carseat in my car in Texas.
- I’m a Texas country girl through and through- but i’ll also get dolled up to go out on the town and can hang with the most cosmopolitan of them.
And for the nominations:
- Simply Lauren Taylor
- Married To A Trophy Wife
- Suburban Huntress
- I Am Thankful Challenge
- Tale en Verhale
To the Nominees: The award rules are as follows:
-Thank the person that has nominated you
-Include a link to their blog
-Share at least seven different facts about yourself
-Nominate 5 blogs of your choice
-Link your nominees to your post and let them know of your nomination
Let me know how it goes! I’m excited to see the results!